Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Queen City

Ahh, Cincinnati. Home of a criminal football team, a baseball team that dreams of being (or beating) the Cardinals and the finest chilli ever invented.

I'm here for set up, Believe and to get my bearings so I'm not a total moron this summer when Know Sweat rolls in for 5 weeks.

It's been good to see old friends, reconnect with some great projects, meet some new people and start to see the projects for this summer. This is quite honestly the part of the year where I get the most excited. I love the summer, being in the midst of the effort but my personality especially enjoys seeing things in their beginning stages and trying to capture just a glimpse of what God has in store for all of us this summer.

Last evening my travel partner was done in by a fever so I had the opportunity to head over to Newport and enjoyed some quiet times.

I checked out a movie (I think my first in a theater in months--many, many months--like when did the last Lord of the Rings movie come out time frame). I decided upon Breach which is about that shameful spy that hosed the US. I didn't hate myself to check out Norbitt or any of the other painful movies currently showing. I thought the movie was very good, very well done, well casted (even the dude formerly known as Reese Witherspoon's husband was good). I recommend it.

Afterward I headed over to the Barnes and Noble where I enjoyed a Java Chip Frap (the finest drink ever) and a good book The Starbucks Experience . I rather liked it, especially since I finished the thing and didn't actually have to buy it (that's not considered stealing, is it?)

I then headed back to Cincy only to realize I'd left my cell phone in my chair at the bookstore. So, I drove back and found it just where I left it, hooray for honest people.

It was a good evening. Not as fine as sitting on the couch watching American Idol with my family, but better than it could have been.

No comments: