Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Something I Don't Understand


My dad was an only child. I'm an only child.
It happens almost daily that I look at my kids (plural) amazed at the bond that is already there. Whether it is walking around the house, playing in the yard or sitting at the dinner table there is a bond there, a connection that I've not ever experienced. I've had good friends, I've got the greatest wife ever but I can't fathom the bond of borther and sister.

Right now Carter is outside riding his bike and whenever he rides by the window Brynn seems to sense it and with a high pitched squeal makes a beeline for the window. Buh-Buh! Buh-Buh! Then there are the moments where he's on one side of the window and she's on the other. Sure, he drives her crazy (he is a boy after all) and she takes his toys and messes up his puzzles but man do they love each other. Every morning Ang can sit by the monitor and hear Carter go wake his sister up. They sit in her room talking and laughing until chubby gets hungry! I will admit there were times that I only wanted one kids. Man am I glad God knew better.

If he thinks I'm crazy enough for three however....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture is great.

Lowery