Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Why Am I Not Tired

I've been up since 3 A.M.

I think I've slept 5 hours in the last 3 days.

The new Hillsongs album kicks my butt.

Speaking of Hillsongs....I'm back from the Philippines and I'm 30. I was taking a survey online today for Nooma and when it came to age I had to check 30's and I thought wow.

Anyway, the Philippines was a really great trip. I will not lie, it was not my favorite ever. However it taught me a lot, it was a lot of fun, the guys were awesome, it was cool to celebrate my birthday in a different way--in fact I'd been up for quite a while and it wasn't unitl Wilson told me happy birthday that I realized it was. That's wierd. No mid life crisis here.

I read a great book called Ghost Soldiers, the latest Harry Potter book, and almost finished My Life by Clinton. Quite a wierd collection but good nonetheless.

Other randoms of the trip. I preached both sunday's once in a house church of 17 and the next week in a church of 800. I had the best calamari of my life, the finest steak of my life, laughed till it hurt, saw some stuff I'll never forget and realized how blessed I am to have a job where I can have email and phone conversations with my family whenever.

So all in all it was a great trip. I can't say there was some huge insight God taught to only me that you need to hear that will change you forever. I just think it was good for me. I learned a lot about missions, philosophy of those things and my leadership and it was really good. In an amazing act, I actually have pictures. I'll try to post some when I can.

1 comment:

ret said...

Happy Birthday.

Welcome home.

Welcome to Quincy, 'cause I think you're here...you talk tonight...

Can't wait to see some pics.

I'm not old enough to be your mother. I did the math. That makes me feel, oh-so-much better. Well, I'm technically "old enough" but I would have still been in high school, so I'm sticking with the thought. One claims solace where one can these days ;)

Love you. Glad you're safe...hopefully see you while you're here...