Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

All things Spring

Ahh, baseball is here. Is there seriously a better sport? Just wishing there was a way to get to the new Busch sooner. I do miss the days of cheap tickets to a 75% empty Coors Field. Those were the days.

I saw a poll today on ESPN about Brett Favre. Seems it is the offseason so for the 14th consecutive year we hear speculation on his retirement. The poll was quite simple, should Brett return or retire. 49 of the 50 US states said he should retire. The only one that said he should stay is Wisconsin and they were 57% return 43% retire. Brett, the tribe has spoken, bring me your torch.

Did I seriously watch all of American Idol last night? I made it through all the Queen songs? Wow. Here's my thoughts: Kelly-best performance of the night though the lighting and black eyes did make me wet myself a little. Ace-you are pathetic. If you didn't have teenage girls voting for you it would be all over. Bucky-keep hanging around, you're good for talk radio. Chris, you make the bald with a beard look work but that song last night sounded like you'd been wounded or something. And finally my lovely wife's favorite Taylor--might want to work on that kick the mic stand thing.

It got me to wondering, what other theme nights would I like to see on American Idol. Here's my top 3:
1. 80's butt metal night-all the hair bands music. I'd even settle for a "power ballads" night. Bon Jovi(the cool one), Poison, Motley Crue, Skid Row, Warrant, Aerosmith.Yeah.
::Milli Vanilli Night- oh wait, this is a singing competition
2.Neal Diamond night-that would seriously rock my face off
3.John Denver night-ditto

Those also recieving votes: Songs from the Eagles, P. Diddy night (oh wait, he only does remakes), Sisqo night (oh, wait, he only had only had one small hit and did he even release a full album?), and for the ladies, Elton John night.
::

1 comment:

Lowery said...

Angie is right. Taylor is the best. The kicked mic stand move was super uncool, but you must give him props for not giving up and finally kicking it down. That's determination. If he doesn't win it, I'll be sad. Unless that Chris guy then wins. I'll be happy with that to a solid degree.

I must admit that I thought Kellie was awful. I hope you and I can still be friends. She wasn't the worst of the night (that goes to Bucky as you mentioned), but what made it really bad was that alongside of "interesting" singing, she looked like a little girl trying to play dress-up after she saw Grease for the first time (the fact that the coat didn't even really fit helps my analogy).

And right at this very moment, I'm deeply bothered that I am having this much of an in-depth analysis about American Idol.