Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Stuff You Can't Possibly Care About

It's been a while since I've talked about myself so its high time I update you on at least a few random things about myself.

First I had an amazing vacation with my lovely wife. It was downright relaxing. Lots of reading, walks on the beach, amazing seafood and just pure laziness. It was wierd to not have to take care of the man child and simply do what we want like a married couple with no kids. I'd recommend the location and plan on going back myself before we go another 4 years without a vacation.

Fall is here and with it a new set of things to work on. My travel is not going to be quite as oppressive as last year but I'll be busy. I do get to do some international travel besides Mexico again which makes me very happy. As long as I can take my ipod with me at least.

Speaking of said ipod, I am obsessed with the 25 most played songs on my ipod. I think its a telling thing about a person, which songs they are listening to the most. Obviously mine is dominated by the summer travels but its still interesting. So, without further ado, I present my top 5:

1.Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
2.My Savior My God by Aaron Shust
3.Paper Thin Hymn by Anberlin
4.Stationary by Anberlin
5.We're Going To Be Friends by Jack Johnson

It's kind of a wierd mix to me but still, you should check them out. Speaking of things to check out here's some songs I think you should listen to if you have the time, it would be worth it because, let's be honest, you're not doing anything important if you're still on my blog.
1. Waiting on the World to Change by John Mayer (I am very excited for the new album)
2.Is It Any Wonder? by Keane
3.Stitched Up by Herbie Hancock feat. John Mayer
4. Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap (recommended by Coghill)

Speaking of Coghill I must speak to a rumor that I now have a piercing. It is true. While in San Diego with my bud Coghill, after the amazing week in Mexico (which I still plan on reporting on) we went to a place called Superfly which he Googled on his Treo while we walked the gaslamp district, and got our ears pierced. Now, lest I sound any less heterosexual than I do right now let me explain a couple things. First, it is up at the top of the ear not down at the bottom. Second, we did not go anywhere near the other when it was done it was not like I needed someone to hold my hand or anything. And third it didn't hurt at all, getting a tattoo is much harder--oh, you didn't know I have one of those too? Yeah, I guess I'm a pagan. Anyway, I have a ring in but must get a clear spacer put in while I head to the Philippines. So anyway, that rumor if you've heard it is true. The only pain now is when people grab it--otherwise its healing nicely thank you.

Other exciting news is that our riding lawnmower had a safety recall on it. Seems that a hose disconnects from the gas tank (it had already happened to me) and peoples mowers were apparently going up in flames. Turns out this is a bad thing, something Sears wasn't okay with which I found comforting. So, they sent a new part and a friendly little fella out to repair it. In the meantime I was not able to use it (what a great excuse for why I wasn't mowing my lawn). Unfortunatey both Ang and I had spent some time on the thing so I guess once again we taunted death. I can't tell you how tough that makes me feel.

Finally, my beloved Cardinals are sinking. Even more sad is that my fantasy baseball team is following a similar path. Baseball is being a bad friend lately but I have faith that things will redeem themselves. Even if they don't its simply baseball and that's nothing compared to the fact that in about 2 weeks we'll be finding out when our baby is due for sure and what we're having (hopefully). Oh if Carter only knew what he's in for.

So I guess that is a quick update. We're busy working on summer plans for next year. Looks like I'll be in Cincinnati for 5 weeks and St. Louis for one. I'm pretty excited about that but we have a lot of work to do before we get there. Oh and I'm headed to Colorado in October for a few days for a pretty facinating meeting and hopefully some good research for the future.

And.I'm. Done.

1 comment:

ret said...

At first, by clear spacer I envisioned one of those nasty ring things you can shoot spit wads through and burst into tears knowing we could no longer be friends. Then, I thought it through and breathed a sigh of sizeable relief. The thought of a custody battle over that stuffed snowball about did me in. Friends forever man. For.ever.

Miss you guys.