Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Monday, January 08, 2007

It's A Boy!!!!?!

Pictures coming soon!

What a weekend. For all of you I failed to call, I apologize, you really mean something to us, we simply have been exhausted. Thanks for all your calls and support, everything went very smoothly except the surprise that it wasn’t a girl. Now what to do with that pink room…

As far as actual details he weighed in at 6 lbs 19 oz. He’s 34 inches tall with a red Mohawk.

Okay, jokes up. No baby yet, just thought the look on your face as you frantically read the post was worth it for all who are around you. Sorry for the mean joke.

On with real news, no news. Lots of contractions and heartburn. I guess that means baby’s will have hair (all things having to do with hair are a mystery to me). Ang’s line last night had something to do with “I’d better be able to braid the stuff when she comes out.” Which does lead me to a thought I’ve had. I don’t know how to braid, use hair thingys or whatever. This shall be an adventure I’m looking forward to. I do want to be a capable father and not send my little girl headed out to the world looking like she just woke up. I shall have to get in touch with my feminine side. Maybe a class from men who have succeeded in this should be available online or something.
At the most, we are 15 days away from arrival. The room is painted, the furniture is in, the decorations are on the way and we were still discussing names over Mexican food last night. (Maybe that led to the heartburn). One thing we know for sure, it will not be named Thelma after a relative you know under another name!! Sorry for the mean post. Truly, I shouldn’t capitalize on your care for our family like that. I’m just that shallow.

2 comments:

ret said...

You little....

All I have to say.

Pam said...

You got me. I bit hard on that one. Evil. Just evil.