Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Manchild v. Monkey

So maybe all this nonesense about monkeys in Carter's bed is true......

Last night we got home from church, hung out for a while and put Carter down to bed. I went downstairs to talk with my lovely wife and we hear Carter crying. Usually he'll cry once because he needs any number things: more milk, a toy, a different blanket and of course there is the occasionaly messed diaper.

Well last night I open the door to his room and there he is standing with his hand out. His face and mouth are covered with blood, he has blood all over his pj's. I yell for Ang and we take him in the bathroom. He's pretty well calmed down until he looks in the mirror. "Daddy...my face RED!!"

Turns out from what he tells me he was trying to reach a blanket in his closet and fell. Just a cut lip, no stitches, no puncture wounds.

We had to change his clothes though so we stood in his closet and he said "Daddy, I wear Go Ducks shirt". So we put his Joey Harrington jersey on and he yelled "Gooooo Ducks!!".

To help him out we gave him a popcicle so he'd keep something cold on it. So we sat and watched basketball and snuggled while he iced the wound. After about 5 minutes of that he jumped down from the couch and exclaims, "Daddy, I get football helmet, I get football, we play football!!" No, not tonight buddy. Someday your coach will love your "suck it up and get back in there" mentality but tonight we lay low.

Ang ended up cleaning the blood out of the carpet and off the wall by the door--it looked like a horror movie in there! Honestly though, I'm not buying the story. I think the monkeys told him to say that. I might be sleeping in his tent in there tonight.....

No comments: