Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Pink

Currently Listening: Tracing (Acoustic) by John Mayer from the album As/Is (Live: Mountain View, CA)

Pink
Aerosmith said it was their favorite color, I guess it will grow on me too. At the very latest, baby girl will be here in 20 days. I simply can’t wait and my spidey-senses tell me neither can Ang.

I’ve been painting in baby girls room the last 2 nights. Not because I’m good at it but because its not good for pregnant women to breathe paint fumes. At this point it is just primer because our wall colors are so dark. It has got me to thinking though. I brought the speakers up and plugged in the Ipod and have listened to hours of John Mayer and some compilations while working. I realized my parents used to listen to some music while they were working on my stuff as a kid. Not on an ipod however, old school vinyl. I grew up marinating in John Denver, Simon and Garfunkel, Neil Diamond and some other stuff I consider amazing and classic. I wonder if baby girl will consider John Mayer a classic at that point. It seems hard to imagine a time when my kiddo would have her futuristic music carrying device and she’s listening to John Mayer and somebody would react the same way a teenager would today to John Denver. But it happens. I guess at some point my music tastes stop changing and I listen to much the same music over and over to the annoyance of my children. Another perk of parenthood.

Time to go, big brother is on his way to hang out with daddy while Ang heads to the weekly checkup. Maybe a trip to Starbucks is in order.

1 comment:

The Daily trappings of a Youth Minister said...

Pink always looked good on you. :)

How ya been, Gil? I'm still in Burnside! Haven't talked to you in a while...hope all is good and congrats on the soon to be birth of your daughter!!!!!!

--Mark Daniel Nichols