Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Old Year

So 2006 is coming to a close. It was a good year, my first full year at CIY and a year of learning, celebrating and a year where Ang and I learned a lot. The manchild is older and wiser, funnier and wittier. In a matter of days he'll be a big brother. Crazy.

I'm currently hanging out in the Lou at Urbana. It's an enormous missions conference down that the Edward Jones Dome. Over 22,00 people are here. Lots of good workshops, some great thoughts and a funny interaction between Rick Warren and his wife. Tonight the good pastor is preaching and he promised to "pull out all the stops" which I find intersting. Being in the midst of this many college students has been exciting, encouraging and its made me feel old. There are some pretty smart people out there and I heard one of my favorite sermons of all time, and it was by a smart, smart lady. Crazy. I've also picked up a couple cool new books. They are over on my what I'm reading section. They've got me thinking.....

Other than that I'm looking forward to returning home to my family tomorrow night to ring in the new year. After that summer is just around the corner so I guess we should start finishing those details.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

No comments: