Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Currently It's 9 Degrees Outside

Thought I'd throw out some things I've been chewing on that don't amount to an actual post but might spark something in you.

1. Words
For the past week or so I've been wrestling with the difference between fearlessness and foolishness when it comes to making decisions. It's been spurred on by 1 Samuel 13 and I keep wondering if the end result really determines the answer.

Numchucks- no real deep thought here, I just laugh everytime I hear or read the word. I've found others do to, especially when I use it in random ways.

2. Quotes
In regards to our ministries:
"The church will allow you to prostitute yourself. We need to run as fast as our character is deepening, not as fast as our talent is expanding." -Erwin McManus

In regards to growth,numerical goals, etc.:
"All living things grow if they are healthy." -Rick Warren

In regards to love and service:
"Love at a distance doesn't work. We can only love when we are in relationship." -Chris Seay

In regards to giving our best:
"Great is the enemy of the best." -Rob Bell

3. Song Lyrics
From: The Sun and The Moon by Mae

"wasted time.
i can not say that i was ready for this.
but when worlds collide,
and all that i have is all that i want.
the words seem to flow and
the thoughts they keep running.
and all that i have is yours.
all that i am is yours."

4. I watched Oprah
I've found it humorous how when I simply say I watched Oprah I get a lot of odd looks from people. However, when I tell them it was because John Mayer was performing live I seem to get back some of my manpride.

So it is Friday. Enjoy your weekend.

No comments: