Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Kinda


I have been convicted lately on some of the words I throw around. Not bad words mind you, just worthless ones. Whether it is in meetings or when I'm teaching or even just while talking on the phone, I find that I throw words like just and kinda and like in there way too much.

Then the other night I was listening to my kids pray and I realized that they were asking God for things and using the phrase, "I just want..." or "I just ask that...". Not bad prayers, its just (like that) that if we ask for 6 things in a prayer but "just" ask for each one, we aren't really listening to what we say.

I wouldn't walk into a doctor and say I just need him to look at my sore arm. And just at my sore leg. And just my aching back. And just...

I'm guessing you had the point a while ago.

So here is to thinking about what we say. Here is to listening to what we say. And here's to making the most of our words.

It's just that it's kinda a big deal.

No comments: