Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Don't Get Caught Dead Sitting On Your Seatbelt

It's either that or "Fresh as a Missouri Morning" that has me laughing most out of the new signs this week.

I've been out in the sun enough this week that my head is now more freckles than not. I think I might even have a hint of tan--something others carry easily and something that dodges me on a regular basis. I fluxuate between sunburned and pale.

Does anyone know why there is a handicap symbol next to the word verification when you post a comment on blogger now?

Okay, I'm off for a massively productive day and then to celebrate the 50th birthday of a great guy across the hall from me. Yesterday was Zus' goodbye party and that was a good time but extremely bittersweet. You should listen to the Fray today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's for the blind who blog or respond to blogs. Because they can't read the word verification, they can still jump through security hoops. And let me tell you, I'm glad. Those blind blog spammers are very annoying. Looking forward to being in your back yard in 2 weeks.

ret said...

I noticed the handicapped thing last night and haven't a clue...it says "listen and type the numbers you hear", which were 406...but not sure what to do with them...

ret said...

As part of Blogger's ongoing efforts to combat spam blogs, we require users to complete a word verification (or CAPTCHA) at certain points, such as during the blog creation process. It is also an optional feature for people to use on the comments form for their blogs. This makes it more difficult for spammers to abuse our system by automated means.

With every visual CAPTCHA there will also be an audio version, for visually impaired users. Just click the icon next to the word verification field, and you will hear a list of numbers. Typing these numbers in will let you complete the verification step.

I just tried it. 138005. We'll see if it posts...

ret said...

YIB. You have to wait like 10 minutes for it to play the numbers but it worked...

ret said...

I started reading Giglio's book when you first told me about it...well, as soon as I was able to buy it after you first told me about it...

Anyway..I LOVED it. And am still loving it since I haven't finished it as yet. I read some more the other night. It is just so good. Not sure why it's taking me this long to finish. Mostly because I read before I fall asleep and keep alternating several books. I should just carve out some time to finish it. I be a loser. Anyhoo, saw your quote in the sidebar and it reminded me I need to read the last couple chapters...