Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

MMMBOP

This time next week we'll be officially on the road. I have to admit I've felt a few emotions about all this but now the time is drawing near and somewhere on my way home last night it hit me. I am ready. More than ready, I am excited. Really excited.

Our interns show up on Sunday and we get to work on Monday. They are a good crew. On old friend from Rocky, a new friend from a buddy's youth group, the son of a guy who I interviewed with for a job and the younger brother of one of my best friends. Should.Be.Fun.

***Let's take a break for random thoughts***
I didn't like Charlie Hall's stuff very much in the beginning but I really like the dude now.
***Done***

Sunday at "church" Carter and I saw a preview for summer conference. It was amazing to me some of the same old emotions come back in those settings for me. Even though it wasn't the full deal it was still somewhat the same. Made me remember the good old days just for a minute. All I know is that from what I saw, Thursday will be incredible. I just know it would have been amazing to the old crew. Those of you fortunate enough to go, enjoy. Simply enjoy.

***A final break for random thoughts***
It's been a while since I have preached and last night I found a desire to do so.
***Done***

Okay, it's time to go to Lowe's. An incredibly generous person has let us know they are going to buy all the roofing materials for a project here in Joplin this summer. Pretty cool. Enjoy your Thursday.

3 comments:

ret said...

Thanks for asking me to go to CIY for five stinkin' years in a row. Still can't believe I did that but I'll tell you what: I believe with all my heart it was a "for such a time as this" kind of deal. All of us. Will always rank at the top of my list of favorite memories...

thanks...

ret said...

had to laugh at mmmbop too. made me recall one of the trips to six flags with you and the gang. we must have played that song a hundred times in the van that day...i believe we got lost that day...and i was trying to drive fast enough to stay up with the rest of you on those back winding roads...thought i was going to hurl...good times...

Unknown said...

Ahh, 6 Flags. The "short cut" that took so much longer. I think we finally got it sorta right once. Then we stopped going! If I remember right the roads were harder to handle than the coasters!