Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Monday, June 12, 2006

The Magnificent 7

The interns are here. Our summer companions, the first group this staff has selected together. Only 2 of them didn't know us or come from the recommendation of a friend. I think they are going to rock. Today is initiation day which really means we let them know all the stuff they're going to do this summer. I remember way back in the day when Wilson and I talked about being interns for CIY. Assuming we would have both made it. I've sometimes wondered how life would have been different since almost everybody we hire here has been an intern at some point. I wouldn't change anything.

So it has officially been one year here now. One year. Wow. It seems like it was just 365 days ago that I started.

So I was thinking about life this morning. I was so excited for the day I again found myself here early. There are a number of good friends I'll see this summer either coming to a week or speaking or leading worship. I got to thinking about it and just about every week this summer will be a reunion of sorts with at least one and usually 3 or 4 pals in ministry. Sure, the friendships are at different levels but I think on the outside of what happens during each week will be the conversations about life, ministry, faith and all those things that keep us going day in and day out.

It will be fun. It will be. I'm hoping I have internet access at least often enough to throw some postcards up from different places. If not, I'll do my best to say something a few times this week and then you won't have to deal with me all summer.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Is Carbondale on your list of destinations at all this summer???? If so, a trip to the new Starbucks in the Student Center is needed... just a thought :)

ret said...

I for one, am a bit thankful the whole intern thing didn't happen. Assuming if it had, you might not have been one of the special dots of my timeline :) And then there's the whole finding Angie thing you had going on...lol.

ret said...

Although, maybe you would have interned for CIY and then still ended up at MPCC. Then we could have had a cool youth minister who once interned for CIY and we would have had the best seats every night and passes for the front of the food lines...hmmmm...