Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sweet Emotion

It's tuesday, we've completed our first official day of work for the first weeks of Know Sweat for the summer. Things are going amazingly. Things here in Nebraska are going great, speaker and worship rock, all the new things we bought are doing what we want and the projects are being accomplished. I find myself sitting in the back each night and other than some MC duties, more observing than anything. I've been pretty emotional about the whole thing--thinking about things, remembering things, longing for things--realizing there are moments we're living into this summer that I've been looking forward to for 12 months or more.

Tonight I find myself tired, slightly sunburned and pretty reflective about some things. I've experienced a number of wish you were here moments, I'm watching a "kid" from an old ministry step into who we all dreamed he's be. It makes me feel overwhelmed at times. I'm certainly not taking any credit, its just an honor to see what God is doing sometimes and see a person farther down the path than when you left them.

Thanks for your prayers. If you haven't been praying, thanks for not saying bad things about us. I'm sure I'll write more maybe this weekend. It's our 6 year anniversary you know.

1 comment:

ret said...

So proud of you Gil. Amazed at how God let's us all be part of something so much bigger than we can ever imagine. Blessings on you and that heart of yours...love you.