Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A 100 Calorie Post

Okay, okay, I know it is time for something substantial. I continue to put out these posts that give you enough that you feel like you read something but nothing that really seems quite worth the time and leaves you wanting more. I vow to leave something of significance at least to me by the end of the week. In the meantime here are a few things I think you should hear.

Last week I was off doing some set up for the St. Louis week. A week I might add that I think is going to be a phenomenal one. Anyway, in the midst of the days I/we had the opportunity to stop at a couple Starbucks. Now, I have to admit to you that one of my favorite things to do at a Starbucks besides order drinks is to check out their bathrooms. Almost every Starbucks out there has a unique bathroom. A lot will use tile, some will have some cool material on the wall, they are always a little dark and mysterious but in a clean way and they always leave me wishing I could go home and renovate a bathroom in our house using the bold colors and free spirited design. Alas, Starbucks is no longer doing this with new locations. They now all come boring with white and beige tiles and paint. The stink. I hope it is not a sign of the new Starbucks. My friends in Quincy tell me they are getting a Starbucks and my hope for them is a colorful and unique bathroom that inspires and doesn’t disappoint or look like a gallon of steamed milk exploded all over the walls.

That may be too violent of a phrase to use when speaking of a bathroom.

On an unrelated note I had an amazing evening that began with sidewalk chalk and coloring on our driveway with the entire family. Ang is such a good mom and amazing wife and little Carter and her drew the CRV with our whole family in it, each color coded to their name written on the sidewalk. The middle of the night was a little disappointing as the unthinkable happened, Pujols up with the bases loaded, 2 outs in the ninth and the Cards down by one. Yeah, that’s not how I remember that playing out.

The Pirates?

We are 1-5 at home this year?

Brynn had a doctors appointment last week. She’s in the 97th percentile of weight—13lbs 1oz. She’s smiling and eating like a little hoss. I can’t wait to see those chubby legs hanging out of shorts this summer. I do fear that Ang and I will develop chronic back problems from carrying her though.

That is all for now. Enjoy the 100 calories.

1 comment:

ret said...

Lol. I'll buy anything with 100 Calorie on it. As for trucking Brynn around...that was funny. Mean, but funny.