Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Grande Triple Soy Caramel Macchiato

Yeah, its as good as it sounds. Right now its going down real smooth.

We're back in Johnson City after an enlightening and moderately productive time in Beckley. I feel confident in saying that week is going to rock up there and once the word gets out, people are going to want that week. I don't think we were quite prepared for the "Appalachian Pride" that we encountered at times but it is going to end up being a great, great place with some amazing people.

We fly home tomorrow. I'm really ready to be home. Its been a long week, a lot of meetings and travel and it wears on you after a while. Its exciting to see some of the stuff the crew out here will do this summer. I won't get to be a part of these weeks but I know the groups showing up will make a difference and be blessed by what they do.

I finished Divine Nobodies last night. Solid. I'd recommend it to just about anybody. A good dose of perspective for me. I've jumped into a re-read from Giglio "I Am Not..." They are combining to give me a great deal of peace as I'm reminded just how big God is (no clue on that really) and how insignificant my piece is or can be when I am off point. It has led to some real soul searching and I trust the time of reflection and conversation and my best attempts to be still and know are for a reason.

Right now though, I'm finishing off the drink and anticipating the weekend with my family. It will be the best thing I've done in a long time.

3 comments:

Ryan Claborn said...

Please tell me that the coffee was preceded by an oversized helping of Japanese food. If you spent a day in Johnson City without getting any carrots I'm not sure we can be friends anymore.

Unknown said...

Oh Ryan, I regret to admit, I had no carrots. Usually it happens on a trip to the JC. Can I offer any number of excuses for my sin? I am truly ashamed....

johnny scott said...

clearly a timely read huh!