Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Grumpy

Today has been a good day. I'm getting a free lunch here in a bit but I still feel like whining/being crabby for a moment. Here's what I have to say.....

1. Church got a new check in system for the kids. It's a computer thing and its slow as a slug. Sunday some of the people had to wait so long they missed the entire music part of worship. Nothing says church growth like hacked off young families.

2. Last night was youth group. It went great and for the first time since we've been here there were girls in our group. However, I missed American Idol. Which leads me to number 3

3. I want Tivo. All my friends have it. "oh, yeah we haven't seen that yet but we've got it saved so we'll just watch it whenever we want". Jerks.

4. I think it might be windy here than in Lincoln. At least there they have silos and that groovy puple and lime green Joker building to block the wind.

5. I got a "I might be taking your old job, what do you want to tell me about it" email today. I hate putting stuff in writing like that and trying to be honest/vague/kind/pc/whatever.

6. We played hoops at lunch yesterday. It was my first time to play in about a month. I think I coughed up both lungs. Of course the first game I get put on the fastest guy. I don't think there is a fatty ounce on the dude and he runs like a gazelle. I on the other hand do not. I would qualify as more of the water buffalo type. Maybe wounded hippo. About 2 minutes in all I wanted to was to a)die or b) suffer a career ending injury. It's now official, I hate fast people.

7. The coffee maker was being annoying this morning and when I pulled the pot (the glass thing not the medicinal herb) out half brew it kept brewing all over the warmer making this terrible mess that is hissing and all. Then I used a rag to clean it up and burned my fingers on the hot coffee. Now I'm to the bottom of my glass and the filter again slipped down and it looks like I'm drinking small rocks.

On a happy note the manchild had a meltdown last night. We went to pick him up from class after church and he lost it. He didn't want to go home, he didn't want to see his dog, he didn't want to play with us, he wanted to stay in class and play with the kids. Here' s this big scene in the church hallway because my kid doesn't want to go home. He's the only one crying at pickup instead of drop off. He'll be crying when we have to use that dang computer for check in! The only way we got him to calm down was the promise that we'd have popcorn when we got home. Go figure. Here's to a happy Thursday for one and all! May this post warm your heart and bring you great joy.

1 comment:

ret said...

Consider my heart warmed and my cup running over with great joy...

PS...there is the longest ever word verification looming below...for crap sake...so much for the warmth and joy...