Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Friday, March 31, 2006

My Life is Brilliant

It is so friday. I woke up way before the alarm. I'm at work early. I'm wearing my favorite pants. I'm drinking a bold cup of Starbucks coffee. And the best is yet to come.

Sitting in the fridge is one of the finest items in the history of human beverage. One, ice cold, grapefruit Izze. It has been months since I had one. We're talking back in Colorado months on this one. I was in getting my coffee this morning when I looked down out of habit ready in my mind to once again whine about how I don't care about Clementine or Pear Izze near as much only to behold that beautiful shade of pink grapefruit.

And then the clouds opened up and God said I love you Alfalfa.

The plan is simple today. Worthwhile meetings about staff, about advertisements in the conference magazine, interviews with a new receptionist and the finishing touches on a very challenging (to me) sermon for Sunday night. By the way for all of you who don't seem to believe us:

We don't miss working in the local church. In fact I rarely miss the day in day out of students. Don't get me wrong there are a number of students particularly at Rocky that I find myself thinking about and wishing I'd had more time but we don't miss IT. The travel is just fine and though we'd love to have every single day together, having those days if we aren't happy and alive in who we are isn't really that great. I am finding more joy in my times sharing with the young adults than I'd ever dreamed and really think that might be my favorite age to discuss and learn with. We think our small group is one of the finest in the world and if there is a downside to travel its that we miss more than we'd like. I've had 3 conversations with good friends still in the trenches and I love what they're doing and celebrate at their new life, new location,new perspective and it does my heart good to hear about their joy, their growth, their families peace about who they are and what they do. Everyone should be so lucky.

And so it is a great friday. The sky is blue, it is supposed to be 74 here today. I'm wearing sandals again, my coffee is awakening my bloodstream which I think might finally be back to at least 50% blood and a smaller percentage of the hamburgers I ate this week. James Blunt and the Fray are providing a mystical brew of tunes to fill the air in my office and the sun is shining and the lovely wife and I plan on a night filled with Conviction and a very good movie. The man child and us will probably play bubbles again tonight on the back porch and we might even think about getting another swing set in the near future.

So may your weekend be amazing. May you enjoy who you're with, may you be refreshed, may you look out your window this morning and know, not just in your mind but deep in your soul that today, this friday, will indeed be a very fine one. And may we all do a couple things to make it that way. Good friday my friends.

1 comment:

ret said...

Very, very glad you're happy. And I knew what was in the fridge before I read it :)