Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Another Top 5 and the view out my office window


So we had a tornado warning this morning in Joplin. I found the rain and the storm amazing and though they made us get to the middle of the building for a while I guess the fact that I've never actually seen a tornado made me less than interested.
So its been a quiet morning catching up on email and the like, listening to Coldplay and loving the rain. Rainy days make me happy. I thought I'd throw in what it looks like outside my office right now. I simply love the colors and how stuff is starting to wake up.
Thrown in on this here post is the top 5 people I'd love to meet who aren't alive anymore. I'm excluding Bible characters only because they'd probably be 4 of them. My last perameter is that I'd get to hang out with them in their time period, observe them and have some level of conversation with them.
Honorable mention: Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr., A.W. Tozer
5. Lenin
The dude freaks me out. Just to watch him talk, lead, be a jerk. It would be facinating.
4. Vince Lombardi
Love this guy. I read his biography and was facinated by him. Just to watch him coach, listen to him throw down and see it in action would be pretty cool.
3. Bob Gibson
I love pitching. When I grow up I want to be a pitcher. To hang out with one of the best, see the preparation. There are a lot of great ones out there but I just think he'd be facinating.
2. JFK
Another guy I've read a lot about. The classic American contradiction. Good leader, charismatic person, lots of shady stuff going on, I just think he'd be one that would be amazing.
1. Hitler
My history facination with this guy is huge. Captivating speaker, motivator of people, strong leader. Hate what he stood for, but still intrigued by the personality. My grandpa gave the better part of his hearing up chasing this guy across Europe in a tank and wouldn't talk about him but to observe someone who got so close to ruling the (almost) modern world.

No comments: