Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Top 5 Part 2

Okay, I've put this one off as long as I can. This is a tough list. I may disappoint myself or disagree with myself later but here goes.

The top 5 bands or artists I can't live without.

Consolation: Counting Crows, Augustana, Snow Patrol

5. Boys Like Girls:: Favorite Song:: Holiday
I found these guys like last summer and cannot stop listening to them. I know, give me a hard time but they are amazing. If only they had more than one album.

4. Hillsong United:: Favorite Song:: Devotion
Simply awesome. By far my favorite group putting out Christian music. When I grow up, I want to be in HU.

3. Ellery:: Favorite Song:: A Thousand Lies
Thanks to Coghill I found out about this married couple from Cincinnati. 5 seconds into the first track I loved them. Once I saw them in concert at UCC I had a whole new appreciation for them, their musicm, the lyrics. Simply great. I'm telling you, if you don't own their live album you should be angry with yourself. Because I'm angry with you.

2. Jimmy Eat World:: Favorite Song:: Here It Goes
Holy smokes these guys rock. I've never hearda Jimmy Eat World song I don't like. I love their vibe (that was for you Woody). Each album seems to get better than the first. Simply amazing.

1. John Mayer:: Favorite Song:: Tracing
This might be a lot of peoples number one but I love this guy. Live stuff is better than studio albums in my opinion. Again, Coghill opened my eyes to the As/Is albums which are by far my favorite. There isn't a day that goes by I can't listen to some Mayer. Too bad Samtron couldn't get me tickets last year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post is a travesty! If it was renamed The Top 5 I Can't Live Without Currently....or Top 5 Bands I'm Obsessed With Right Now...then that would be different...i take it as that...if this is some kind of All-Time deal then it is a sad day for the East Wing of CIY...


(no U2? im ashamed...nice "vibe" shoutout however...)