Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Bakers Dozen of Sentence Statements

1. I am in St. Louis and it is so, so hot here.

2. David Crowder writes strange books.

3. One of my best friends who I've not seen in ages was here Friday, I was even in the lobby of his hotel, but we didn't know each other was here.

4. Thinking about #3 makes me sick.

5. I got angry last night, I was grateful for the company and wisdom of another of my best friends whose wisdom is always a gift.

6. Cincinnati has a downtown that is infinitely more enjoyable than St. Louis.

7. I am resigning myself to finishing second in fantasy baseball this year and relinquishing the champions trophy.

8. I think the Cubs may finish ahead of the Cardinals this year.

9. I feel somewhat like a wet cardboard box today.

10. Why does a bakers dozen have 13?

11. Midway through the writing of this post, my internet connection was lost and when I went to post this here post, much of it was lost (the remaining 4) which means what you will read from here on out was not the original thinking and I feel badly because I felt as though those were the real gems of this post and now it lacks anything good or profound or worthwhile but nonetheless I will press on with the remaining 2 statements I owe you.

12. That last sentence was very long and left me little room to tell you of other things of importance such as the discussion we had last night on how best to move on after a summer of eating out and cafeteria food to which our best solution to date is a 2 month fast.

13. I am grateful that blogger now saves my drafts automatically though I wish they'd saved it one more time before all my brilliance was lost and you were left with this.

4 comments:

Lowery said...

Seriously, dude - tell me it wasn't me and that you weren't at the Hampton Inn just down from SLCC...

We were in the middle of having to catch a last-second flight because Sarah's brother is very, very ill. I stopped in the middle of it all and told her I was convinced we were surrounded by Know Sweat folks. I almost asked some of the kids that were everywhere playing guitars and wearing shirts that aimed at convicting me about a life of service. But I shrugged off my gut because we were in the middle of a highly emotional thing and you know...we just chugged along at figuring out how to get home and fast.

The next morning, when Joe was driving Sarah and I to the airport, he told me he thought he saw a CIY dude. I then wanted to throw something out the window for not doing a follow-up to my gut feeling.

So seriously dude, tell me I'm wrong. I'm totally calling Joe to see if he saw you because I told him that I was convinced you were lurking somewhere.

Unknown said...

Yeah, so it was you!

I totally understand and please tell Sarah we are praying for you guys. I was sorry to hear the news. Obviously this will be one of those stories that is really funny down the line! I did get to talk to Joe, the fam and your parents. But not you. Praying things go well in the near future for Sarah's brother and until the next time know I still love you!

ret said...

You two. That is pure tragedy. You are both putzs. I can hear a mournful ballade playing in the background though..saw it coming when I read # 3. Saw. it. coming. Dorks.

Tragic as well, is the stinkin' fact I can't make an 90 minute drive and catch up with either one of you two; last week or this one. Rip. my. heart. out.

Too much going on in our evenings with VBS fast approaching. And you two came so very close.

If he wasn't lying to me, Nathan promised to give you a hug for me. You'll have to hold him accountable :)

Have a great week Gil baby. And I loved Crowder's "everybody wants to go to heaven.." book. Is that the one?

ret said...

Duh. Just saw your "books I'm currently reading list..." Anyway, I loved the book.