Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Cincinnati in July

God really does have a sense of humor.

Tomorrow marks the end of my first 3 weeks in Cincinnati. It will be a full 21 days since I've seen my family and another 11 or 12 before I see them, that time will hopefully go faster now that I'll be changing cities on Friday.

Cincinnati has been really, really good. The projects have been great, working with and seeing old friends has been a lot of fun. Shaver continues to be a good man, the band continues to rock and we've had 3 unique and amazing in their own way guys come drop the Word on the students. There was some stuff that happened last night with one of our interactive elements that I wish you could have seen. It was cool.

And in the midst of it, it rains at least every other or 3rd day here, but never when we work. Right before, right after all the time but when the kids at the work site, it "miraculously" happens to not rain. We sure are fortunate. and Lucky. ha.

Friday I roll to Milligan to meet up with the blue team and say goodbye to my friends that have been the gray team. Saturday I'll be in Memphis to say hello to my new friends and start the last 4 weeks of the summer.

In the midst of it, I currently find myself immersed in a book that is really teaching me--stripped. I continue to search out my theology and develop my understanding of who God is and the stuff I'm supposed to understand. And all the while, I watch kids live out their faith in a way I didn't at that age.

So I hope you saw fireworks, it seems Cincinnati has a show every night and each morning the city greets us not with the crowing of roosters but the familiar sound of police sirens. Ahh, urban life. Much like what I enjoy on the mean streets of Oronogo.

No comments: