Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

There's Nothing To See Here

Things I've enjoyed in the last few days:
-A drive to Milligan in a box truck. Especially when the engine died and the steering locked. Going downhill.
-Sweet tea and the Canadian Mounty at Poor Richard's (Ryan, I tried to eat at Makado's but they were closed, I really tried to get the sweet carrots, I hope we can still be friends)
-A divine appointment with a hero/friend. He's more hero than friend because I really have nothing to offer back.
-Getting to see my friends the Hedgers, Hills,Snows and others.
-Some amazing Rob Bell sermons.
-A smooth flight to Memphis with the man the myth, the Allmoschlecher.
-Some amazing Memphis BBQ(with more sweet tea), a stroll down Beale Street and hanging out with the new crew of interns, my buddy Golubski and all that is the blue team.
-A reunion with my friends the Coghills.
-Inside Afghanistan, an amazing read.
-Stripped--a book you have to read just to figure out what you think about a few things.
-Currently, some great Elton John and Paul McCartney, Derek Webb and John Mayer and the fact that I'm about to crack open a book I've been waiting for: Simply Christian.

Things I'm looking forward to:
-Seeing my family
-This week in Memphis with a lof of old friends, our old student ministry band and some freaking awesome service projects
-Returning to Cincinnati
-Listening to Nate Head preach for a week
-Sunday morning at Community Bible Church in Memphis, the church I would attend every week if I could
-The things I'm not aware of yet that will make this another fabulous week.
-A Memphis Redbirds game tomorrow afternoon.

I leave you with a quote: "The failure of Christians is not primarily a loss of love for God but loss of love for people."

Or maybe two: "A sense of entitlement robs us of our joy when it comes to serving others."

Goodbye Norma Jean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOO Blue Team!!!

Ryan Claborn said...

I could sense the sincerity of your effort toward the carrots in your keystrokes. I too have fallen prey to the phenomenon of the closed Japanese steakhouse in Johnson City. No harm, no foul here. Speaking of, when does ball start again?