Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Answering My Own Question and A Visit from W

Currently Listening: Mighty To Save by Hillsong

In an answer to my earlier post I believe I am the answer. I managed to navigate the exciting O’Hare airport, complete with a delicious burger at Chili’s and a Green Tea Latte at Starbucks. The flight went well though I was tired and slept instead of finishing my book.

We landed in Arkansas (that was the actual plan) and I was walking through the terminal when a nice, short, bald gentleman asked me “Did you leave your jacket on the plane?”

I responded incredulously “No! It’s right here in my”

“Row 13 right? Black jacket?”.

My first thought was no way. It was quickly followed by a page over the airport.

Attention everyone who just landed with the American Airlines flight from Chicago, would the person who left a black North Face jacket on board…”

I’m the rookie. I do believe this was my most impressive display of incompetence on a trip possibly ever.

On another note, Ang had a small group girls night at the house when I got home so Carter and I headed to the OCC basketball game. It was the ambassadors rally which meant an extra amount of smelly high school kids. Turns out it was a big day here in Joplin –the President was here. So some kid at the game is wearing a huge sticker on his chest with the W and a red X through it. Nice.

So that’s my travels. Rest assured I’m no longer taking kids on youth group trips or anything where my capability might actually endanger others. I might let Ang drive next time we go somewhere though….

No comments: