Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving and Threes

I’m at a retreat right now in the flatlands of Kansas. It is stormy, cold, wet and wonderful. We’re having a great time a couple of thoughts which I’ll share at a later time. Right now I wanted to update on a couple of other things.

First, Thanksgiving was amazing. We traveled home to Oregon, a place I miss and a place I feel so (ironically) at home in. The land of starbucks and trader joe’s and outdoors it was great. My biggest highlight was probably the late night dinner just me and Ang back in the Mexican restaurant we went to on our honeymoon enjoying the same meal, a phenomenal plate of nachos and thinking back over our 6+ years together. I am truly blessed.

Secondly was 2 nights ago. I went and watched a great “kid” Aaron Hill and his team play at Missouri Southern there in Joplin. They kicked tail, Aaron played great and it was fun to see how much he’s changed and yet how similar he is from his days at Canton High. His team has a great mix of talent and he is certainly more than a contributor. I wish I shoot just one three as smooth as he pulls the trigger. Other than the joy of watching him play, my other favorite part was sitting and listening to the MoSo fans scream at the refs. My opinion, maybe because the team I wanted to win did, they did a very fair and good job. My goodness though, those guys tried to stomp holes in the bleachers with their feet. Two of my favorite lines, delivered in true Missouri were. “He’s gonna need counseling because the boy molested him.” And the tried and true “Hey ref, go give your jersey back to foot locker.” My other favorite was a guy who let out a sigh/guttural groan every time they “finally” called a foul on Rockhurst. Quite nice.

So that’s a quick update on life. I’m hoping for lots of snow but after Ang and Carter fly back into Tulsa and we’re safely home for our 3 day weekend. Be warm and well fed.

No comments: