Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Throwdown

Currently Listening: Playlist entitled worship
Current Song: Over the Rainbow by Shawn McDonald

Let's talk about football. Seems like the right thing to do. BTW it was in the 80's here yesterday and will be again. Nice I guess. I did have to break out the Chaco's for a couple more days.

So last night it was #1 Webb City vs. #3 Carthage. Somewhat of a local rivalry. Except Webb always wins. And they did again. It leads to some fun and colorful conversations here in the hallways. I always side with the winner, that's just the kind of guy I am.

I also want to send congrats to my bud Doolin. His team won last night knocking off an undefeated team and moving into the state quarterfinals. He's a great coach and Matt and I went and watched his team last year, wish I could watch again.

For my friends in Quincy, there could be a state title game between Hannibal and Webb City--I think that would be fun.

The University of Miami had a player get shot and killed 2 days ago. That program is a mess and its really sad/scary. They were the ones just a couple weeks ago beating the other team with their helmets. Their defense of the problem is pathetic and their attitude is worse. Usually they've won which has kept people from saying too much. Now they lose a lot. So many of their guys go pro and they have always been successful but its sad to see it get to that point.

Finally, the Ducks play USC this weekend. If we lose, well, its more of the same. But if we win, I might just be obnoxious or something. Moreso that I already am I guess.

We have a Thanksgiving dinner for students at OCC tonight. I think it will be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to carving some turkeys. I like electric knives, they seem dangerous or something.

If you have the time you should check out my buddy BJ's post on election day. I find it humorous. Church signs make me laugh.

No comments: