Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

I'm Sure I Already Knew This

I've been having a lot of conversations lately, and not all of them have been with myself.
It seems that in the midst of the summer kick off, God is teaching me a number of things through a number of people.

Last night our staff headed to the Levee for dinner and some book shopping. Off on and on over the next few hours it led to discussions about a number of topics mostly regarding prayer, discipliines and all sorts of other matters. The really cool thing was, none of them had anything to do with Know Sweat or "work" related matters. It was just about where we were with God.

Last night, I sat down to read for a while and came across a line that has been bouncing in my head all morning. It's from a book I've been wanting to read for a long time and finally found last night.

"God wants you to get where God wants you to go more than you want to get where God wants you to go."

I find that incredibly freeing. The reminder that we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. So may we find those things, or better yet, may we quit looking and start working.

1 comment:

ret said...

Good stuff. What book?