Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Week One

What a week. I really, really wish you could have seen it.

Schaffner absolutely knocked it out of the park and Shaver was phenomonal. The comments have been positive and the kids did some really great service work.

The nature of this ministry is that we spend 10 months looking forward to these 2 we are living in right now. It is so cool to see God bring things together and watch this thing gain traction.

I had to laugh as I woke up this morning and it was pouring rain. God is so amazing every summer not just by blessing us with safety but also with a lack of rain. Continue to pray for those things but I find it more than ironic that it rains the day after we're done working. Nice.

1 comment:

ret said...

I don't consistently journal, but I was reading through one I started in 2001 in which Shawna and I tag journaled our prayers every morning individually. It's actually pretty cool. Anyway, I had to smile at the constant petitions for God to: help Gil make the right decisions about his future...give Gil peace...help him land the position at CIY...help Gil be patient...oh, my goodness, God, you're taking him to CIY...help Gil enjoy this ride....funny, huh?

I need to update my journal. 5 years from now I may need another smile :)