Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Friday, June 29, 2007

Hooray for the Trailblazers.

I've had some good conversations lately. Some happen in the chapel, some have happened in the truck, some have been at Starbucks. All have been good.

A couple nights ago Shaver and I disappeared downtown to a quiet Starbucks and talked honestly about what we've been reading and about what God has been teaching us. The night before I recieved some Godly wisdom that still makes my head hurt.

Today I finished another amazing book, Samson and the Pirate Monks. That too got me thinking. This time about authenticity and accountability. I spent some good time thinking about those I've been honest with in the past and about the honest relationships I look forward to when this summer of service is over and the other part of my normal life returns to me.

In case you wondered, the week was a good one. All the big screw ups were my fault and I fixed errors from last week while managing to create new mess ups in the process. I think I have a spiritual gift for that. At least most of my frustration lands at my own feet which is fine.

It seems like I should have more to say to you at this point but I don't. I still find Furthermore from Jars of Clay to be amazing and Good Monsters is growing on me thanks to Shaver and BJ.

I'm off to call old friends and catch up.

Oh, and I'm happy with the new Blazers. I'm officially back on the bandwagon. Just a little sad we drafted a guy from Duke. Guess you can't win em all?!

No comments: