Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Frostbite

Album(s) Currently Playing: Eyes Open and Final Straw by Snow Patrol

Oh how I love the cold. I admit I'm a sucker for the beach and a tan at times but since my body loses 90% of the lame tan I ever get within 45 minutes of being out of the sun and since my idea of hell on earth is anytime I can't wear a shirt, I've decided that I'm a winter guy. I dig hoodies, layered clothes, warm stuff...and sandals. Somehow in my twisted life I detest socks, unless they are tall ones pulled all the way up to my knees when I play basketball. I think it should be allowed for me to wear a stocking hat all the time. I'm not a real fan of gloves but I need a neverending supply hot coffee in my office.

By the way, did I mention I picked up some coffee in the Philippines and it is hands down (cover your ears Starbucks) the finest coffee I have ever had? I love the stuff. Probably too much. It is simply amazing and if we were really really good friends and you were here I'd let you see and smell it and if you brought me a bag of it, I'd brew some and let you have one small sip. Then I'd keep the rest for myself because I'm an only child and that's what we do.

Last night the manchild got something I've wanted all my life. A full size Oregon Ducks football helmet. I have a mini one in my office. He has a full size one. Again, the only child alarms are ringing. He put on his jersey, helmet and shorts last night and looked quite amazing. I'd show you a picture but, well, it won't load up.

I guess I should be enlightening you with my brilliance or telling you books you should read or some nonesense like that but instead I'm telling you that if you don't own Snow Patrol, Mat Kearney, Keane and Death Cab For Cutie you are not the hippie, tree hugging friend I need. Seriously, the stuff will in small and no salvation oriented ways change your life and at least make you happier and more grateful that you have me as a friend.

Since I'm feeling rather opinionated today I thought I'd share with you what I thought of the last couple movies I've seen. MI3-seen on a plane on my way home. It was a nice way to get through a couple hours on the flight. That is all I have to say. Firewall with Harrison Ford. Sucked. Ford couldn't beat anybody up and I'm not buying Han Solo/Indiana Jones as a techno security geek once he quit traveling the world. Nope, the dude doesn't hack it. The storyline is annoying and the ending was hokey even for a movie. For those of you who recommended the movie to me I (do not) salute you. May you have a random late fee show up next time you go to rent something.

On one final exciting note, I am cover a couple classes in 2 weeks. At Ozark. Classes on psychology. Random exciting fact: I got an F on my first psychology test. I actually pulled a D in the class, hands down the worst grade of my college career. So I think I'll make an amazing teacher ahem, proffessor. I'm also covering a crisis counseling class. That's hot.

Well, nothing about our talk today has blessed you or made you a better person but I feel better.

1 comment:

ret said...

I've put them in some sort of order in case you only have $3 or something.

Funny. Actually. I just love your stuff. You are one funny dude. If Lowery would suck it up and write for free again, I could survive on your two blogs alone. So you'll have to beef your posts up to keep me entertained. In case you care.

Enjoyed this one. But how in the world are you going to teach psyche? That's pretty funny.