Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Affogato

You never know how annoying it is to not have internet until you don't. Since when did nice hotels start charging $10/day for internet in their rooms. That seems absurd. That's I guess why God created Panera bread. A simple cup of coffee and free wi-fi. Of course if you factor in the gas and time it took to get the this location, the $10 might have actually been cheaper, but more difficult to explain.

So I had a first time experience last night--I watched an episode of Lost when it aired, like at the normal time and it was the next one I was supposed to watch. This whole waiting a week between shows is somethign I've got to get used to. I'm used to watching the whole season in a weekend. Waiting is both great and incredibly annoying. I simply want answers now.

So I'm in Dallas and we're setting up for next summer. It has been a great day, I've enjoyed what we've seen and the people we've met with are amazing. Makes me grateful for solid partners. DCC has some great folks and its a joy to work with people who love what they do and who want to make things as easy for you as they can.

We sat down with a young youth guy today--it was really a good talk, he's a sharp guy and slipping back into youth ministry discussions is fun. The one thing I hate is so many people when we contact them feel like we only want them to come to KS. Like, I want to talk to you about stuff, I'm not a salesman. It's annoying.

We've been having some good thoughts about the future of KS lately. I'm really open to things that I was at one time resistant of. Its fun to have a fruitful discussion about what we're supposed to do and feel like you can get up from the table and you've actually accomplished something and the conversation has been clarifying and helped you better plan for the future. Its fun to discover who you are and what you're supposed to do and then make a plan for how to get there. Its fun to do those things and not merely think or talk about them.

Closing Randoms: Hope the Cards win tonight. Actually, I hope the get to play tonight. Continuum is amazing. REI is a great store--you should buy me a gift card for there. Dallas is a great town. I can't wait to see my family.

One final thing. We've been thinking marketing a lot lately and I ran across this thought. I think it applies as much to live as to marketing and the fear that comes with planning for the future. It'll take you 2 minutes to read it, its worth the time.

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2006/10/the_two_things_.html

No comments: