Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Peace and Unity


Currently Listening to 5:19 by Matt Wertz

You heard it here first, we are studying the book of Ephesians next summer at Know Sweat.

As I begin to dig into what the theme will be, what it will look like, what passages we will cover and what words or images we want to bring to life at the week, I've been struck by two words that sound soft but are actually just the opposite: Peace and Unity

There are a lot of things "we" are good at.

There are also a lot of things "we" could use some work on.

I wonder what it would look like if we lived life as the church known for our unity and peace. It seems to me and my naive perspective that a lot of the other "stuff" would work itself out if we focused on these two.

Think about the last conflict you had. If things had been seasoned with a spirit of unity and peace, could it have turned out different? better?

No comments: