Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Rain makes me happy

It is dark as night right now. One of the sweet midwest thunderstorms is about to unleash its fury on us and that makes me happy. I know, I know, rain is "yucky" and a downer. For me, maybe its growing up in Oregon, rain lifts my spirits. Today is a big day for all the summer conference interns and they all trudged in through the rain. They are excited, they have no clue what they are in for but in the midst of it I know they'd envisioned a sunny warm day to start on. This storm is especially beautiful because the wind is picking up and getting louder and louder and if you open your window you can hear it whisper "McPhee sucked. Taylor will win. McPhee sucked. Taylor will win."

This storm may actually be the apocalypse now that I look at it. That or the balance of the universe is thrown off because Lowery called me back and then actually answered my phone call!

Last night we watched Idol, House (that dude is almost a funny as me) and then one of the most painful movies in the history of man. I swear we watched it at half speed. It was really bad. I won't tell you what we watched because I admit I'd find a small amount of satisfaction if you too had to sit through it--in some way it would soften the blow of knowing at this point I'm the only one I know who has utterly wasted their life with it. I am a little concerned I may actually have to account for it at the judgement.

I need good book ideas. I haven't read for a few weeks because I can't find anything to get into--I guess the DaVinci code ruined everything for me. If only they made more books with psycho albino monks and naked dead dudes who write on their chests.

I'm out of coffee....

2 comments:

Lowery said...

Thank you for that. Yes, the world is in labor pains. Ret was shocked yesterday when I picked up the phone, too. I have turned over a new leaf. Maybe. That whole wedding weekend really made me miss you all to the point of learning to love the phone.

In spite of your mockery, I will say that I am with you on stormy weather. Love it. I was just thinking that to myself as I looked out the window and loved that it is very dark and rainy where I am.

I am also your American Idol twin and I hear the whispers of the wind. Katherine was awful. Truly awful. And from day one, I have hitched my wagon to the man named Taylor. If he wins, I will feel that my life has come full circle from the day I started wacthing this season. Taylor's true love and soul for music caught my eye so I stuck around. Frankly, I plan on never watching it again. Funny thing is, I will miss his (projected) win. I am way too head over heels for Lost to watch the AI finale. We will flip back and forth during Lost commercial breaks.

Seriously. This comment was way too long. Sorry.

BJ said...

So, the man with all the books is out of good ones to read? No fear, hero.

Go pick up Lovemarks, by Kevin Roberts. He is the CEO or Saatchi and Saatchi, the worlds hottest ideas company. The way he believes that business actually can change the world makes him someone that I could follow - and you know that's a big deal. Lovemarks is all about the future beyond brands. He says brands are dying but the future is whether people have an emotional attachment with your product, or idea, or service, or company. Pick it up if you haven't already.