Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Monday, May 01, 2006

I Watched Prison Break Tonight

So I'm rockin' the Mountain View today. Set up today and tomorrow and then a return back to Joplin for board meetings and then up to Quincy. Other than that it's a slow week....

Saw some amazing projects for the summer. This job simply amazes me. It's hard to see houses and know we can't help them. I'm always shocked by people who are so forthcoming with their struggles, so honest about their issues and so honest about their needs.

We were at a site today and honestly it is one of those where you don't know where to start. I'd try to describe it but can't. Safest thing to say is we have a group of 30 coming that week that will work there and we're hoping they can make some type of dent.

We were looking around the house today and got all the way to the back. That's when the lady decided to let us know that her yard was a sort of, oh I don't know, farm for ticks. Ticks and chiggers. Nice.

You know how you find out stuff like that and you instantly start to itch everywhere? Like you can't get out of the situation soon enough? Like how me talking about ticks right now has you running your hands through your hair and right now you can feel something crawling on your leg? Yeah, that's us.

So back to the minivan we head and off we go to another site. That's when I find a tick on my arm. A moment later I feel another one, on my leg. After that is's my arm again. All told, I found 6. Yeah, 6. We found 3 others in the vehichle as well.

So that was my day.

No comments: