Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Room for Squares

Oh the things to update you on however I have forgotten most of them.. that and you probably don't care.

I will give you a warning, this blog will probably end on a depressing note but with very good reason.

The wedding-as it is now referred to-was a true joy. So was the party. I'd like to think of myself as a detailed person, maybe a little anal at times. I like rehearsals to look as though the dude knows what is happening and the wedding party can simply learn when to move where and enjoy the moment. Mission failure. I felt so underprepared to no ones fault and yet all of it seemed to come as a teaching lesson to me to once again get over myself and then stand amazed when God's hands are all over a deal that really is all about him and what he's brought together. I think those kids have so many amazing people who spoke directly to their lives and had a huge role in who they are and they are incredibly blessed. It was fun to see and fun to share in. And we all love it when the groom cries! I shall think Everything will always take me to the same moment and I'll tell you, the last few moments with a groom before he walks out to meet his bride are my favorites. Other than that it was so good to see so many old friends and my only regret was not getting enough time to spend with all of them. Those people fill me.

I spent Monday night hanging with my fella Pete as I enjoyed my first game at the new Busch. Nice. Needs to be finished but what they have done is very nice. I admit it wasn't as awe-filled as it might have been had I not been spoiled with a sweet park in Denver. Nonetheless it was fun to watch the Rockies kick my beloved Cards butts in the new place. Top highlights for me included the dude sitting behind us who sounded like and was as funny as Dave Chapelle, booing my heart out at Ray King (who consequently sucked it up like old times) and once again wondering what the heck LaRussa does in the dugout with his pitching sucks.

And now the awkward downshift:

On a much heavier note I'd like to enlist the prayers of any readers who believe in such a thing. Many moons ago and different blog altogether had shared the heavy fact that one of my best friends from high school-Tim-had been diagnosed with cancer. I am sad to report that after a brief time of peace it is back. It is now in his lungs. His plan is to do 2 rounds of chemo and then have another surgery to try and remove the tumors. Details other than that are slim at this point but obviously I simply ask for prayers.

1 comment:

deby said...

gottem...