Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Country Roads, Take Me Home, To The Place, I Belong

West Virginia. I'm headed there soon. Should be a facinating trip. Hopefully John Denver's "Mountain Momma's" leave me alone. I'm quite certain I'd be intimidated.

I've recently lost my ability for rational thought or even staying on one subject for very long. And since this is called tantrums it shall live up to its name.

If you are so old you can't drive the speed limit and instead are driving 45 in a 65 in a freaking sweet Chevy Full-Size Extended cap truck you should either realize that after 12 people pass you (I was number 11) you are a danger OR you should simply give me your truck because you no longer deserve it. I know old people get all the sweet cars becuase they can actually afford them ( and consequently the insurance) but crap! It's like when you drive by the car you can hear it crying and begging to be driven like it was created to be driven. I am quite certain that truck was not created to sit in a garage and be driven twice a week at 45 to and from Wal Mart. Okay I move on.

Bode Miller, you make me smile. Enjoy your RV and alone time. I don't think you'll medal and that makes me warm and fuzzy.

So my bold prediction back in the day on Indiana basketball has turned into a flaming bag of poo on my own doorstep. And look, there is Illinois which at least allows me to put out said bag of poo with a shoe on rather than my bare feet. My only condolences, Kansas and North Carolina are better than you all thought and Kentucky is more like Kensucky.

I have a new favorite conference in college basketball. The Valley. Call it my love for the geography of such meccas of civilization as Peoria and Carbondale but man is it good ball. Maybe its all the white boys that get to play somewhere. Someone should buy me tickets to the MVC tourney in St. Louis. Me and all my friends. Then I will steal that old mans truck and drive there.

16 days until the man child turns 3. I was going to post some pictures but I grabbed the cable for the video camera not the digital camera.Technology owns me.

We missed Idol last night because we were serving the LORD at church. If serving the Lord means listening to a Bible Study that went over time and left no time for family group so we watched some Simon Burch which is stuck in the VCR and then prayed. Many souls were saved including the dude who slept through Bible study in our room and then shows up only for family group. On the upside, they found out they planned the girls retreat on the same night as prom. That's a win. Glad I never screwed up like that in youth ministry. Oh wait...nevermind.

On a final note I got two emails this morning. They came 13 minutes apart. One from my time at Rocky, one from my time in Quincy. All I'll say is God is good. To me, to them, to His plan. I love getting older, watching things come about. Seeing God do His thing and finding more joy and completeness in that than anything I'll ever accomplish. Here's to your journey today.

1 comment:

ret said...

I love reading your head. That bag of poo stuff was hilarious. All that wit and beauty too. At least when Ang is standing next to you...