Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Hey Now, We're Wide Awake and We're Thinking

Let's just get all the sports stuff out of the way at the beginning:
In my opinion, our Olympic "team" has the comradarie of a middle school cheerleading squad. It's funny to watch but kind of sad if you think about it too much. Oh, and nice work this weekend Bode--you seriously made my weekend.Loser. Speaking of losers: Bonds, retire now. Nobody likes you. Don't look now but somebody pulled into a tie in the Big 12 yesterday. Two Words: Rock Chalk. (And yes, its spelled correctly). The dunk competition this weekend was the best in years. That dunk by AI was the most impressive thing I have ever seen..at least on the basketball court. I don't care what you say or how long you argue, NASCAR is not a sport, nor is it cool, nor is it worth wasting half of Sportscenter on.

Lowery-welcome back. I didn't tell you to come back on your blog because I was afriad it would distort your self image. Lines 10,12 and 14 lead me to believe it might have happened anyway!! It's hard for me to be too taken with your physical powers because I remember butterfly wings. Speaking of wings and awkward moments it reminds me of Ret's blog.

Ret-Thanks for the kind words and the pics. At least some of them...the captions may need a little work.

It snowed here this weekend. Well, the ground got white. Barely.

I finally finished a book. It wasn't very good. I loaned it out to somebody. I told them it was pretty good.

On another note I am rereading maybe my favorite book in the last few years: The Importance of Being Foolish. Incredible. You should also check out Ruthless Trust. Some people don't like it as well. I don't like them as well.

It is extremely difficult for me to preach on the same text back to back to 2 entirely different audiences. I'm glad I wasn't getting paid for it. The second one sucked. That's just my opinion.

I'm out of coffee.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lowerys-
I just finished wiping coffee off my screen due to an explosion of laughter picturing you in your PINK wings and the horrified look on Sarah's face. One of the first in a long line of "what the crap was I thinking" moments for her I'm sure.

Dave- That made me laugh. However I don't think I'm weak, just non-mechanical we'll call it!

Ginny-Thanks. That place will always be special to us and we're grateful to stay in touch with so many thanks to technology!

ret said...

I finally finished a book. It wasn't very good. I loaned it out to somebody. I told them it was pretty good.


Gotta love your sarcasm. Just told Veronica the other day how much I miss hearing it in person. You inspire us all.

As for my awkward posts...if Pete has a set, I know you do...and Lowery can say what he wants about those wings. He wore them. In public. And, he danced. For a while.

Unknown said...

I can see my tombstone now. He was....sarcastic. Glad I can inspire in such meaningful ways! If Pete and Lowery were jumping off a bridge would I? Okay, bad example but there is a certain code I live by that won't allow me to own wings. I think it might be in our employee handbook somewhere....