Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Exposed

What a weekend. Probably the most eye catching thing I could say about it was that for 0.000002 of a second I actually missed working in the local church. The first time I've felt like that in months. No worries though, the feeling is long gone.

I saw a ton of old friends, traveled for the last time with a hero, shared meals with people I have no business wasting the time of, watched some incredible stuff happen and even drove by the new Busch twice.

I heard some of the most incredible messages I've ever heard, I discovered a new CD that isn't so new, its just that nobody bothered to tell me about it. I was on my phone for over 2 hours talking about preaching and finding myself quite opinionated and passionate about its place in the body. I sat amazed at the teaching of many, one in particular. I learned that I have a lot to learn. I shared time with some who are going to literally save the world. I listened to the passion of a family who decided they were the ones to change an entire tribes eternity even though 7 months in they lost their 18 month old to malaria. They stayed for 21.5 more years. I came to realize that some times ministry is calling people to something we may have never experienced before ourselves. I listened to a man teach like Paul did. I sat and mourned with a good, good friend.

One final thought. I've been listening to peoples prayers a lot lately. I have this theory that what we say in our prayers reveals more about us than anything else we say. In the midst of a prayer friday night I heard these words and they stuck out as they they were bold. "Our belief is revealed in our obedience." Later in the weekend I also heard this: "Impatience is a form of unbelief." But seriously, this belief revealed in obedience thing has me spinning. What a thought.

Okay finally, for those of you who were aware of Tomlin's disc Live from Austin Music Hall and didn't tell me, we are fighting....if you haven't heard of it, thanks for living under the same rock I've been under but we're too good of friends for me to hoard it to myself. Go buy it.

By the way, the new stadium looks sweet.

No comments: