Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Just a little something to break the monotony

3 things I think you should know and since you're here you're going to read about them.

1. UNC-DUKE was incredible last night. Even if UNC lost I still was happy with how they played and as much as I hate to say it, Reddick is a player.

2. I stand corrected. We have had an incredible crew apply to be KS interns. I'm very pumped about it. We're actually going to have to turn down some people who would have easily made it in the past and could make it this year if it weren't for the caliber of kids applying. That makes me happy because I spend all summer with them and I don't need any extra drama!

3. Today is my fathers 60th birthday. When I turn 30 in September that means I'll be (almost) exactly half his age. That is pretty crazy. He is such a cool fella. Today he's doing what he loves, out driving his truck around the city and I'm sure keeping things cool. I so wish we could have made it out there to celebrate with him on his day. He's been the perfect father, an incredible grandpa to the manchild and a great role model. I could launch into a million stories about our times together but I won't because you don't care so I'll simply say this. The older I get, the more I try to father and be a husband and grow the more I realize I'm blessed now and how blessed I was then and how much impact he's had on my life. Happy 60th dad. We love you and we'll celebrate soon.

That's all for me. Still trying to stay healthy and productive. It's hoops day at CIY which means in about 90 minutes I'll be ticked as heck wondering why I drag my sorry rear out there to get beat up and embarrassed. I guess it beats sitting at a desk.....

1 comment:

ret said...

Is it just me, or birthday or no birthday, aren't you almost half his age??

All the same...happy birthday to your cool pop...