Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Hooray


It's a Saturday night in Memphis.

I'm currently listening to: Snow Patrol

Yesterday we drove across the entire state of Tennessee. It takes forever. You should look at it on a map, its actually depressing you can drive that long and never leave the same state.

My observation: Almost half the cars broken down on the side of the road in Tennessee are Dodge Neons.

We had a good work day, saw some cool stuff, had a good talk with the interns and enjoyed Interstate BBQ-voted the #2 BBQ in the nation by People magazine. It was amazing. I've had it before but its always good--even better because they have amazing sweet tea.

Tonight we chilled at the mall-I bought a new wallet-then we got money orders at WalMart and finally topped the evening off with a trip to Starbucks where I beat one of the interns in checkers and enjoyed a conversation with my boy and Ang who went and saw Cars today.

The assessment from Carter about Cars: "It's really, really funny."

I also enjoyed my new favorite Starbucks drink: Iced Coffee Con Leche (with 3 sugars in the raw). It is really amazing and I think I may be the only person ordering it since the barista always stands frozen and confused for a moment.

I guess that's about it. About the only bad thing of the day was when we were leaving lunch and I watched a dad take his kid out of Interstate and proceed to beat the sin out of him with a belt. It was honestly one of those moments where you get angry and then sick to your stomach. I was grateful to go look at some projects and get our thoughts on something else. On a good note we are going to have some great projects this week. It's my final week stateside for the summer and I'll be flying back to Joplin on Thursday to change gears and head to San Diego on Friday.

On the agenda: In N Out

No comments: