Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Monday, July 24, 2006

What Exactly Did I Do Today?

Currently Listening To: Snow Patrol--Chasing Cars

I'm living with priests this week.

We're on a catholic campus and the housing got screwed up but I'm living with some priests--I think they are in another part of the building but it is old school over here. So old school they have internet. But seriously, my lamp has a plug that probably is older than at least me.

I spent 5 hours at the hospital today. Not because of anything bad. One of our interns dislocated her knee when we were in St. Louis and today we were trying to get her a new brace and crutches so she can make it through the last week. We were successful.

I also had a first time experience. I had to walk through a metal detector on my way into the Emergency room. When we first got in there were almost as many cops as people waiting. I think that's usually bad.

On the good side we only had to wait a little over 3 hours before we got called in. Then it was only almost 2 hours before the doctor came in. Other than that it was stellar. Stellar I say.

So this is the final week of the summer for this crew. They have done very well. I haven't said much about them but I personally couldn't ask for anything better from them. They have been very, very good people. I admire them because they're in a place I never was. I don't regret any of my life but man, its cool to see them at this point so young. I'm hoping at least one of them comes back again next summer. That would rock my face off.

So I guess that's it. I had some spiritual thoughts but I'm tired and I'll end up screwing them up which in and of itself isn't anything new, I'm just not in the mood to do it tonight.

One final note, I'm reading an amazing book borrowed from my bud bford--Flyboys. it's about WWII which is my favorite historical time period. It's a can't put down kind of thing. I highly recommmend it. So much so I put 3 m's in that word and am too lazy to go back and delete on. Dixie Chicks just came on my ipod so I need to go beat my head against the door in punishment and then I'm going to go find a priest and talk Da Vinci Code. Peace.

2 comments:

ret said...

You are hands down one of the funniest people I know. I love your serious stuff too, but when you're just you being a dork, it's a funny read. I love funny people. A lot. But I don't like Lowery anymore. Funny or not.

Unknown said...

I too like funny people. Therefore I usually like myself. Yes, Lowery is mean. He taunts us with comments though I'm yet to get as many comments on my entire blog history than he has from his latest post. Obviously he has many friends or simply has a number of alias' he comments on. Seriously though, can you have a running commentary with your wife on your shared blog and consider them legitimate comments?

I must go now, the albino from Da Vinci just showed up.