Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Saturday in Tennessee

Okay, I finally have a new look. I figured out I was using a template already in use by at least two others and that bugs me so I've found something I think will be quite fun. Hopefully its easy to read and exciting to look at.

I am currently waiting another 40 minutes for my laundry to finish. It should be amazing. All I hope is that it's all dry when I go down there. I actually had to do 3 loads which is quite a lot, however the machines are rather small. Only 39 minutes for my laundry.

Probably my biggest news is that I have joined the world of the ipod. I cannot express how much fun it is. I've been loading CD's I brought onto it all night and I feel almost capable now. I've wanted one for quite some time since I'm on the road so much and dig music so much. My biggest debate was whether to go with a black one or a white one. I went with white. The clincher was the interns convincing me white was more classic and said ipod more authoritatively or something like that. Anyway, its a 30GB and its quite nice. I currently have 692 songs loaded on it, enough to occupy me without repeating songs for 2.2 days. Or so it tells me. I have used 2.99GB but I have a ton of CD's back at the house that I'll never again need to carry. That's pretty exciting. I do have to admit its depressing all the extras you need to buy like a cover, radio adapter, wall charger but I'll make it through the summer without the last 2 thanks to the interns. I have yet to download any video yet either but I'm sure I'll get to it.

So that's my day. We went to a gay water park but at least it was with good people. I saw more obese Tennessee folks than anyone should have to. I also realized that though many of them cannot afford reliable cars there is no shortage of tattoos. I actually felt lame having only one.

Well, tomorrow its church in Virginia with our buddy Tom. I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, by the way, we're keeping a list of all the restaurants we eat in this summer. So far the list is both impressive and scary. At the end of the summer I'll post and maybe give some reviews. You know, in case you ever travel through Norfolk, NE; Joplin, MO; St. Louis, MO; Johnson City, TN; Memphis, TN and San Diego, CA.

1 comment:

ret said...

Like the new look. Trail blazer. You.

We got nano's for Israel. Opted for black all round. You know me and black. So what's engraved on the back of yours? :) I love mine for walking...and since my car is not only topless, but also CD-less, it's nice for the trips across town as well. (And it's also air-conditioner-less as well. That really bites.)

Hey. Actually talked with one of our guitar players recently who mentioned Nickel Creek and I got to sound cool, thanks to you, and say that I have two of their CD's. And he tells me there is a new generation of blue grass, called "new" grass that just rocks. Gonna have to look into this...you already there and holding out on me? Later tater...