Some things that strike me as worth sharing. Most of the time at least.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Renovate

A great week is in the books. We had our entire staff for the summer here--all 11 of us. If this week couldn't go smooth we shouldn't have our jobs! We had incredible preaching, great worship and a spirit amongst us that I couldn't shake. The groups were good and the work they did was awesome. There were conversations I'll not soon forget and I had the chance to talk youth ministry stuff with a guy I have a ton of respect for and it feels like I filled in some of the cracks in my own mind. Last night I played basketball with Patrick, Seth and Keith and today my knee feels like its full of broken glass but I wouldn't trade the fun.

Sunday we set up scaffolding at a childrens home. We were painting the side of a gym anywhere from 40-50+ tall right on the side of a mountain and spent a lot of time reinforcing the scaffolding and then spraying for poision oak because it was everywhere. We bought the best stuff we could and covered the stuff and came back 2 days later and it didn't look like anything had happened. This poison stuff is everywhere up there, it covers the side of the mountain and I'm thinking our one time effort was never going to renovate the countryside. It got me to thinking about my attitude toward sin. The application is a simple one but I was again reminded of how many times I/we let crap grow too long and then thing one strong prayer or one time of Bible study will get rid of it when we've given too much of a foothold to the stuff. There's some stuff like that in my own life and I've been thinking about what its going to take to not just cut it back but really remove it.

Well, I'm off to set up for next week and then we're taking the weekend off. I can't imagine. We might even go to Starbucks this weekend.

No comments: